Pages

13 February, 2013

Climbing in Phuket: The wall is ready...

As everybody knows, Southern Thailand is surrounded by rock!

Krabi, Ao NangTonsai, Koh Yao Noi, Koh Phi Phi are definitely rock climbing paradises well known all over the planet.

However if you you want to climb during the week after working hours and you live in Phuket, you'd better find a solution because there are no climbing walls at the horizon...

Considering I am exactly in the situation described above, the only solution I had was to find my own way and therefore...I built my own boulder wall!

I developed the idea of building a small boulder wall inspired by the experience of my good friend Jean Verly whom from a dusty climbing room in his home in Hanoi ended up setting up and managing the first Climbing Gym in Vietnam.

I am not that ambitious, however I am happy that I made my small dream come true and I am glad to invite you to contact me if you fancy share some movements with me!