Pages

08 August, 2019

13 nights out around Sardinia...

During my long experience living abroad I was often asked if there was anything that I was missing about Sardinia, my homeland. Of course, the list was long however I was also enjoying so much my life that what I was missing was obviously compensated by something else, often new and completely different that made everything else disappear.

Since we moved back to Sardinia, in March 2019, I started again enjoying some little things that I had somehow forgot, and slowly I realize that there was something that indeed was missing…travelling around the island, and sleeping outdoors in a tent camp!



Sardinia is a big island, with a huge number of interesting spots to visit and considering the road conditions, travelling from point to point it can take time, however, considering that at the moment I am still putting together my new business www.swellcoaching.net and I haven´t formally started a 42 hours/week job-routine yet, let´s say…I have some time to travel!

So packed our car and we did it, and the result was fantastic!

We started our trip heading north to Stintino, an amazing spot at the very top north-west of the island. We spent 5 nights in the yard of a good friend´s house whose gate is literally at La Pelosa beach one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

Then we crossed the island heading east and we spent 4 nights in Orosei precisely at the Camping Il Golfo, visiting other friends and enjoying the pristine waters of the gulf. We went to Berchida Beach, CalaCartoe, CalaLiberotto and we also did some rock-climbing at the Tuttavista Mountain.

The next step has been to move to Jerzu, located in the heart of Ogliastra were we stayed 3 nights together with other friends, in the middle of the wood in the Colonia di Sant’Antonio far from the town, immersed in nature, doing BBQs under the stars, and sleeping surrounded by the sound of millions crickets. The main reason to stay here was to have an easy access to Ulassai where we basically climbed everyday but we also visited the Scala diSan Giorgio, in Osini.

Last but not the least, on the very last day after climbing and sending a nice 7a at the Lecorci Crag, we drove to Bari Sardo, to attend the concert of the Reggae icon Alborosie.

The concert was free at the beach, right in front of the BarĂ­ Tower, an amazing location. Alborosie´s performance was just perfect and we really enjoyed the show.

I have been listening Alborosie for years and both my son, my wife and myself knew all the songs so we spent the whole concert singing and dancing.

Our last night was also the most special because we decided to sleep in the car, Ettore my son was super excited by the idea and eventually he really enjoyed the experience.

On the morning after, we treated ourselves with a great breakfast and later we drove south heading back to our home.

Summing up, in total we enjoyed 13 nights sleeping outdoors, we spent only 120 euros for 4 nights at the camping in Orosei, and 120 euros of gasoline expenses. We had 2 nights out at a restaurant and which cost us around 60 euros and a breakfast in a nice bar for less than 10 euros while every other meal was always cooked using our camping equipment.

Not bad, not bad at all, and we are already preparing for the next adventure!